- MTBE (Methyl-tertiary-buthyl-ether)
- DBCP (Dibromo-chloro-propane)
- Herbicides & Pesticides
- Heavy Metal ions
- 7" Berkey / Doulton Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Elements
- 9" Berkey / Doulton Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Elements
After installation of Berkey Earth Filter Elements, the PF4 Elements are installed by screwing them onto the thread stem of the Berkey Earth Filter Element (leave the wingnuts in place) where they sit suspended in the lower tank. They only need 5-6 full revolutions. Don't over-tighten! After the Berkey Earth Elements filter water, the water is then passed through the PF4 for further filtration.
- Berkey PF4 elements reduce filtration flow rate by approx 15-20%.
- Make sure that you filter and discard the first full tank to remove any residual manufacturing dust etc.
- Length: 152.4mm, Width: 63.5mm
- Colour: White
- Replace each pair of PF4's approx every 2 years or 3785 litres, whichever comes first.