The Genuine Black Berkey Primer is a hand-powered priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey Elements easily offline, without the need for water pressure from faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere. Every owner of a Berkey Water System which uses Black Berkey Elements will find it easier to prime and purge the filters, wherever the Berkey is used. The Black Berkey Primer is the final piece in making your Berkey Water System your off-grid solution for clean drinking water and for everyday use. In addition, if you have a small sink, short or difficult faucet, the Black Berkey Primer makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey Elements.
- Easy to use for priming Black Berkey Purification Elements
- Ideal for off-grid locations where there is no water pressure to prime Black Berkey Elements
- Small and convenient for travel
- Use to backflush Black Berkey Elements to extend their lifespan. You can use water or air to backflush.
- Made in USA
- 12 month Australian warranty
The Black Berkey Primer can be used to purge (or back-flush) the Black Berkey Elements using air instead of water to clean the proprietary pores of the compressed carbon filter wall.
Purging the Black Berkey Elements with air accomplishes two tasks:
- It clears the pores of debris that has accumulated with use
- Reduces the amount of time & effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them.
How to use:
With a Black Berkey Element properly immersed in water & attached to it, the Black Berkey Primer creates a simple pressure gradient which draws water into the center of each Black Berkey Element. Once the Black Berkey Element is completely saturated with water, it passes through the Black Berkey Primer and squirts out of the opposite end.