Bush Food by Jennifer Isaacs
For perhaps fifty thousand years the Aboriginal people have lived, and lived well, in Australia. They have developed a unique knowledge of native plants and a deep understanding of the value of many animal products.
Bush Food is an exploration of these traditional skills and a compendium of the kinds of foods eaten by Aboriginals. It indicates how food is caught or gathered, hunted or picked, how it is prepared and cooked, and what nutritional value it has. It considers, too, the use of natural products in traditional Aboriginal herbal medicine.
- Learn how to gather, use, prepare food using traditional techniques
- Easy-to-Read - Engaging colour illustrations
- Learn traditional herbal medicine techniques
- Format: Paperback
- Language: English
- Number Of Pages: 256
- Published: 1st August 2002
- Publisher: New Holland Publishers
- Country of Publication: AU
- Dimensions (cm): 29.6 x 21.1 x 1.5
- Weight (kg): 0.96
|Brand||Aussie Storm Shop|