Ceramic Filter elements have been in use since 1827. They are a tried and proven water filter. The 7 inch Super Sterasyl Ceramic is designed to remove suspended solids and pathogenic bacteria (>99.99%). The composition of the 7 inch Super Sterasyl Ceramic contains silver. This silver is a material designed to significantly inhibit mould & bacteria growth occuring on or within the filter element (which is possible with other ceramic filter elements). Because of the silver, the 7 inch Super Sterasyl Ceramic filter elements do not require sterilization after cleaning (cleaning is really easy!). When water flow slows or build up can be seen on the exterior of the elements, these filter elements can be easily cleaned with a ScotchBrite cleaning pad (see included instructions). They can be cleaned well over 100 times and many people report years of use from a set of filters. The manufacturer suggests replacing every couple of thousand litres but these filters generally only need replacement when cleaning the element doesn't improve water flow or if there is a significant change in the diameter of the ceramic after cleaning. Quality checked by the Aussie Storm Shop team before delivery.
The 7 Inch Berkey Super Sterasyl Filter Element features:
- Removes foul tastes and odours
- Does not remove beneficial minerals
- >99.99 Pathogenic Bacteria (Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E.Coli, Fecal Coliform)
- >99.999 Cysts (Cryptosporidium Parvum and Giardia Lamblia - up to 100% removal (based on tests by Arizona State University)
- Reduces Organic Chemicals (Pesticides, herbicides, organic solvents, SOCs, VOCs, trihalomethanes)
- >90% Chlorine
- Reduces up to 99.99% of Turbidity, Particulates and Sediments
- Can be used in filter systems of other manufacturers
- Made in England by Fairey Ceramics
This kit contains 1x 7 Inch Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Elements
The 7 Inch Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter is suitable for:
- Travel Berkey
- British Berkfield
- Other ceramic or stainless steel gravity filter systems.
The optional PF-4 Fluoride Reduction Element suits this Filter Element. Please contact us for details.