Go Berkey Portable / Hiking Kit with Black Berkey Primer & Berkey Sports Filter Bottle
The Go Berkey Kit is small and compact. Designed for backpackers, hikers, camping, travellers or for taking to work or university. There are hundreds of applications where the Berkey Go can be useful. You can purify water at the campsite with the Berkey Go then fill and take the supplied Sport Berkey water bottle on day trips.
- Up to 3.8 Litres per hour
- 35.5cm tall (when in use)
- 10.1cm in diameter
- 25.1cm tall when in travel confuration
- Less than 1kg
The Go Berkey Kit is a must during unexpected emergencies. It can purify both treated and untreated raw water from lakes, streams, creeks, ponds, dams and of course water supplies in foreign countries.
Just like it's bigger counterparts, the Berkey Go is made of highly polished 304 stainless steel and uses a single Black Berkey Purification Element to filter out harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. It reduces unhealthy heavy metals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can removes red food colouring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
The Go Berkey has a storage capacity of about 0.91 litres and when in use stands 35.5cm and a diameter of 10.1cm. Just like other Berkey Systems the upper chamber nests inside the lower chamber for transport and sits just 25.5cm high. Weighing in at 1kg, it's light and easily transportable and perfect for active people on the go.
The Go Berkey Kit includes:
- 1x Black Berkey Purification Element for up to 3-5 years of filtration (11,300+ litres)
- 1x Sport Berkey Water Bottle
- 1x Priming Button
- 1x Off Grid Black Berkey Primer Hand Pump
- 1x Vinyl Carry Bag
- Small and compact. Ideal for travellers and backpackers
- Made of durable 304 Stainless Steel
- Uses one Black Berkey Purification Element with a lifespan of 11,300+ litres. Extremely economical filtration
- Filters up to 3.8 litres per hour. That's 91 litres per day if filled continuously
Black Berkey Purification Elements
A solid Carbon Block made from natural coconut husk, the Black Berkey Purification elements are one of the best on the market. Although the Sterasyl Ceramic filter elements filter out pretty much everything, the Black Berkey elements filter out so much more that they remove contaminants down to NON-DETECTABLE levels. This is why they are called Purification elements rather than Filter elements, they really do purify the water! Each Black Berkey Filter element lasts for a minimum of 11,300 litres (3000 gallons) but with care they can last much longer.
Black Berkey Purification Elements remove or reduce:
- Foul Taste and odours
- Does not remove beneficial minerals
- >99.999% Viruses
- >99.9999% Pathogenic Bacteria
- >99.98% of Trihalomethanes (Bromoform, Chloroform etc)
- Removes chlorine & volatile organic compounds (way too many to list!) to below detectable levels
- >99% Arsenic
- Up to >99.85% heavy metals (Aluminium, Barium, Copper, Lead, Mercury, Chromium, Nickel, Vanadium)
- Removes Rust, silt, sediments