NEW Sawyer S3 Water Filter Purifier
- Heavy Metals
Enjoy safe, clean water anywhere in the world with Sawyer Select Water Filters and Purifiers which remove virtually all contaminants found in fresh water while also improving taste and odor. Available in three models, these systems combine a proprietary foam membrane in an durable silicone bottle with our 0.1 micron hollow fiber filter at the top — ensuring access to clean water in the backcountry, while you travel, at the office, or for emergencies.
The Foam Adsorption Technology used in these systems was developed with a partnership with Foamulations LLC to now be able to safely remove contaminants like heavy metals, chemicals, pesticides, and viruses while also improving taste and odor. Adsorption filtration is the process in which molecules adhere to the surface of the adsorbent foam membrane. This highly advanced filtration and purification process, combined with our 0.1 micron absolute filter will ensure that any and all particulate or pathogens above 0.1 microns are filtered out of your water, including bacteria, protozoa, cysts, dirt and sediment.
- The Sawyer S3 reduces chemicals down to 0.5 parts per billion (up to 40 times lower than the EPA’s maximum recommended level) and reduce pesticides down to 0.01 parts per billion (400 times lower than the EPA’s maximum)
- The Sawyer S3 filters out 99.99% of viruses and reduces heavy metals such as copper, arsenic, and mercury down to 0.5 parts per billion (up to 260 times lower than the EPA’s maximum)
- Only 10 seconds to treat water
- Independantly Lab Tested
How it works:
The Sawyer S3 Water Purifier combines Sawyer's signature 0.1 micron absolute Hollow Fibre Membrane filter with a proprietary Foam membrane developed in partnership with the company Foamulations to remove virtually all contaminants found in fresh water. A combination of activated carbon and other proprietary ingredients are embedded inside the Foam membrane which creates a usable surface area significantly larger than traditional block or granule filters. This results in higher removal rates of contaminants and faster flow rates with minimal effort and dwell time.
- 0.1 Micron Absolute Sawyer Micro Squeeze Filter
- Select Foam System with Silicon Bottle and Reducer Cap
- Cleaning Plunger
- Cleaning Coupling
- Detailed Instructions
- 0.6L (20oz) of water output
- Length: 76.2mm (3")
- Width: 215.9mm (8.5")
- Height: 355.6mm (14")
- Weight: 283.5 grams (10oz)
- 400 refills (240 litres), 120 days @ 2 Litres per day
How to use:
- Step 1: Unscrew the filter, fill the bottle to the Max Fill line, then screw the filter back onto the bottle.
- Step 2: Squeeze the bottle in an alternating motion for 10 seconds.
- Step 3: Drink directly from the filter or dispense water into another container.
You can store the bottle with either the Micro Squeeze filter or included white cap screwed on top of the bottle. The proprietary ingredients in the foam will make sure that your foam does not grow bacteria or develop an odor. Please do not compress these systems for long term storage. Store your bottles fully expanded to ensure that you do not inadvertently shorten their life.
If you want to dry out your bottle for packing weight reasons (it can save approximately one ounce), store in a dry room with the lid removed and the moisture will eventually evaporate out. Be aware that after you dry the bottle out, your first bottle will produce much less water than normal since our foam is hydrophilic (meaning it attracts water) and will want to hold onto some no matter how hard you squeeze. Repeat steps for first use when you want to use your filter again.
We do not recommend freezing the S2.