Seed to Seed by Suzanne Ashworth
Seed to Seed is a complete seed-saving guide that describes specific techniques for saving the seeds of 160 different vegetables. This book contains detailed information about each vegetable, including its botanical classification, flower structure and means of pollination, required population size, isolation distance, techniques for caging or hand-pollination, and also the proper methods for harvesting, drying, cleaning, and storing the seeds.
Seed to Seed is widely acknowledged as the best guide available for home gardeners to learn effective ways to produce and store seeds on a small scale. The author has grown seed crops of every vegetable featured in the book and has thoroughly researched and tested all of the techniques she recommends for the home garden.
- Newly updated Second Edition - Includes new information about how to start each vegetable from seed
- Complete Growing Guide for all you need to know
- Local knowledge and Seed Starting Techniques from expert Gardeners
- Includes knowledge of saving and growing seeds of 160 different vegetables!
- Includes Botanical Classifications, Flower Structure and much more!
- Format: Paperback
- Language: English
- Number Of Pages: 228
- Published: 15th March 2002
- Publisher: Seed Savers Exchange, Incorporated
- Country of Publication: US
- Dimensions (cm): 27.94 x 21.59 x 1.91
- Weight (kg): 0.63
- Edition Number: 2
- Edition Type: Revised
|Brand||Aussie Storm Shop|