HydroBlu Virus Ultrafiltration Hollow Fiber Replacement Filter for HydroBlu Jerry Can
Replacement HydroBlu Ultrafiltration Hollow Fiber Membrane filter cartridge to suit the HydroBlu Jerry Can.
- Standard Ultrafiltration Hollow Fiber Membrane filter cartridge 0.1 Micron (supplied as standard with Jerry Can)
- Virus Ultrafiltration Hollow Fiber Membrane filter cartridge 0.02 Micron (optional)
Option 1: The HydroBlu Water Filter Jerry Can is supplied as standard with the Bacteria 0.1 Micron Ultrafiltration Hollow Fiber Membrane filter cartridge which removes bacteria that can affect you while camping, traveling, or in any emergency situation. This extremeley effective filter cartidge removes bacteria to 99.999% such as Giardia, E.coli & Salmonella. This filter cartridge is recommended for most western countries such as Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Europe etc. Flow rate of 3.7 Litres per 3 minutes.
Option 2: The optional Virus 0.02 Micron Ultrafiltration Hollow Fiber Membrane filter cartridge is an enhanced filter cartridge that removes everything that the standard Bacteria Cartridge removes (99.999% Bacteria) but has a better Micron filter rating allowing it to also remove viruses such as Hepatitis A, Polio, Typhoid, and Enteroviruses. This filter cartridge is recommended for locations where water born viruses or sewerage may be present in the water supply. Flow rate of 3.7 Litres per 5 minutes.
How these cartridges work:
Clean water is allowed to pass through the holes of the Hollow Fiber Membrane while large contaminants cannot fit through the holes. Both the Bacteria and Virus cartridges have a massive lifespan of 37,850 Litres and can be backflushed to extend their lifespan.
How to clean the cartridges:
To clean the hollow fiber, simply rinse clean water through the opposite direction of the flow of water. This will push contamination and debris back out the inlet and will extend the life of the filter.
- Removes 99.999% of all bacteria, such as E.coli, salmonella, and cholera. It also removes 99.999% of all protozoan cysts, including giardia, cryptosporidium and other protozoa
- Optional Virus Cartridge also removes viruses such as Hepatitis A, Polio, Typhoid, Enteroviruses and more
- 0.1 Micron hollow fiber membrane (Bacteria Cartridge)
- 0.02 Micron hollow fiber membrane (Virus Cartridge)
- Perfect for camping, travel and for emergency situations
- Flow rate of approx 3.7 Litres per 3 minutes or 3.7 Litres per 5 minutes for Virus Cartridge
- Designed for use with the HydroBlu Jerry Can Water Filter
- Filter Material: Hollow Fiber Ultrafiltration Membrane
- Filter Life: up to 37,850 Litres (10,000 gallons)
- Weight: 8.5 grams
- Shelf Life (if kept dry): 10+ years
HydroBlu Jerry Can Water Filter sold separately