Back to Basics A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills by Abigail Gehring
Anyone who wants to learn basic living skills, the kind employed by our previous generations and adapt them for a better life in the twenty-first century need look no further than this eminently useful, full-color guide.
Now newly updated, the hundreds of projects, step-by-step sequences, photographs, charts, and illustrations in Back to Basics will help you dye your own wool with plant pigments, graft trees, raise chickens, craft a hutch table with hand tools, and make treats such as blueberry peach jam and cheddar cheese. The truly ambitious will find instructions on how to build a log cabin or an adobe brick homestead.
More than just practical advice, this is also a book for dreamers' even if you live in a city apartment, you will find your imagination sparked, and there's no reason why you can't, for example, make a loom and weave a rag rug. Complete with tips for old-fashioned fun (square dancing calls, homemade toys, and kayaking tips), this may be the most thorough book on voluntary simplicity available.
- Fourth Edition - Updated & Revised
- More than 250,000 Copies Sold!
- A Backyard Guide to Buying & Working Land, Raising Livestock, Generating your own Energy, Enjoying your harvest, Household Skills & Crafts, & More!
- A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills
- Format: Hardcover
- Language: English
- Number Of Pages: 456
- Published: 2nd January 2015
- Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing, Inc.
- Country of Publication: US
- Dimensions (cm): 28 x 21.5 x 3
- Weight (kg): 1.63
- Edition Number: 4
|Brand||Abigail R. Gehring|