The Emergency Survival Manual by Joseph Pred
Assess. Respond. Protect. From break-ins to basement flooding to broken bones, in The Emergency Survival Manual you'll find everything you need to be prepared for any emergency that comes your way.
Joseph Pred is the go-to-guy for assessing and handling emergencies and a former Emergency Services manager for Burning Man. When you combine his knowledge with that of the experts at Outdoor Life magazine what do you get? An epic book filled with lifesaving skills, from assessing an emergency to handling a house fire to splinting a limb to surviving a tsunami. This book also covers what to do before the first responders arrive... or if they never do, as well as more everyday first-aid assistance.
When disaster strikes you want to be ready, and you can be with The Emergency Survival Manual. With high-quality design, intricate detail, and a new, portable, paperback format, this manual is the perfect gift.
About the Author
Joseph Pred is a trained EMT, firefighter, and disaster-management specialist whose expertise also encompasses public health, outdoor survival, and firearms safety. He is the head of all public safety and emergency services for the annual Burning Man festival, an ongoing experiment in outdoor survival.
- Be a survivor - Newly revised and updated manual is packed with life-saving resources
- Prepare for anything - Packed with tool knowledge and skills, he checklists and drills you need to prepare for the worst
- Pitch In - In the aftermath of a major disaster, it's a great feeling to be able to help others and the community. Whether you want to lead a search and rescue team or stay home with a victory garden, this book is packed with all you need to know
- Format: Paperback
- Language: English
- Number Of Pages: 224
- Published: 1st November 2020
- Publisher: Weldon Owen
- Country of Publication: US
- Dimensions (cm): 21.59 x 17.15 x 1.52
- Weight (kg): 0.54