The Oldest Foods on Earth by John Newton
Queensland Literary Awards Finalist
Interest in bush foods is booming. From Warrigal greens and saltbush to kangaroo and yabbies, more and more growers' markets and local supermarkets are stocking these foods, and restaurants are serving them on their menus. The Oldest Foods on Earth - winner of the 2020 Gourmand Award for Innovation - shows you how to cook with bush foods, where to find them and how to grow them. Organised by ingredients, each chapter includes a brief history, a practical guide, and recipes for you to make in your very own kitchen.
Now updated, including new recipes, The Oldest Foods on Earth promises to broaden Australians' culinary horizons in every way.
- Learn how to cook with Australian bush foods
- Includes simple-to-follow recipes
- Includes basic Identification pictures of plants
- Audience: General
- Format: Paperback
- Language: English
- Number Of Pages: 146
- Published: 1st February 2022
- Publisher: NewSouth Publishing
- Dimensions (cm): 21.0 x 13.5 x 0.86
- Weight (kg): 0.19